Hospital food usually isn’t something that you would put on your Instagram as an appealing image. Although it shouldn’t be the case, having in mind that one must eat well to recover, hospital food is usually something you want to forget as soon as possible.
Yet, “usual” or “ordinary” are not words you would use to describe the hospital food you will be served in Japanese hospitals. One woman recently shared on social media food that was served to her after having labor in one of the Japanese hospitals and the post went viral pretty fast because the image was definitely Instagram worthy.
In the gallery below we have more examples of Japanese hospital food that look and probably taste just amazing shared by Imgur users. Hopefully, this will set a trend that hospitals all over the world will follow.
1. Pancakes for breakfast while in labor.
2. Lunch while in labor.
3. Post c-section recovery food.
4. First proper post-surgery meal.
5. French toast for breakfast.
6. Seafood pasta lunch.
7. Afternoon snack. Little bit of sugar
8. Evening meal. So healthy and yummy
9. Japanese-style breakfast.
10. Risotto for lunch.
11. Afternoon snack.
12. Birth celebration meal: starters (with non-alcoholic sparkling wine)
13. Birth celebration meal: main course (steak!)
14. Birth celebration meal: dessert. Seriously, who is this hospital chef? He or she is a genius!
15. Soup for breakfast.
16. Pork for lunch.
17. Afternoon snack.
18. Pasta gratin for the evening meal. This looks like something from a high end restaurant, not a hospital bed
19. Breakfast with a little bit of fresh fish
Can we emphasis the fact the these Japanese food photos look so much better than most of my day to day food. So what do I have to break to be able to eat like that? Looks so good!
Don’t forget to also see this post of a woman who gave birth in a Japanese hospital and the food she got