Salvador Dali gave us “The Persistence of Memory”, which is widely known as “The Melting Watches”. They speak of the relativity of space and time and it is meant to break our notion of a fixed cosmic order.
This time we are going to present to you some other representations of cool clocks and the idea of time and we’ll let you decide which you like best. The clock is one of the oldest human inventions and it has been deciding our lives since immemorable times. And since we need it so much, we made it into jewellery, decorative object and so on. The design is pretty classic as it needs to serve the same need: telling time in a precise and easy to read manner. But, there are times when we like to play with it, make some art of how a clock should look like and also meditate a little on the notion of time, something we’ve invented and something that invented us at the same time.
So, let’s see 27 different, unique and creative clock designs:
1. Turntable clock (So, time is a track that we can stop and play whenever we want? We’d like to)
2. RND Time (rnd comes from “random”, the random application on the wall. This means that time is just a subjective matter?) The most creative of the cool clocks gallery
3. Pop Quiz Clock (the feeling of blackboard and chalk while you’re trying to make out the exact time. Divine! Or not?)
4. Cool Clock Made From A Recycled Bike Wheel (and the times goes rolling by just like a bike wheel
5. Domino Clock ( new and playful way to tell time)
6. Whatever Clock (meaning, who cares what time it is?)
7. Definition of time (you can’t really tell what time it is, but it looks quite nice in your home; it’s a beautiful piece of absurd art)
8. Melting Clock (yes, we are all melting away with time)
9. Sundial clock (the numbers are perpendicular to the surface of the clock. When viewed from the front, you see their shadows which make them appear just flat on the surface; when seen from the side, you see the “truth”)
10. Manifold Clock (it creates a 3D sensation and, as it moves, different parts of the manifold are shown)
11. Color Blind Clock (if you take a closer look you will see the numbers!)
12. Continue Time (two out of the three pointers rotate around another pointer so the kinetic artwork clock is always changing its shape)
13. Continue Time 2 (yep, another shape)
14. Little Time (the numbers are really little, only that the hands of the clock have magnifying lenses which enables you to see what time really is) This is a really cool clock
15. It’s about time (this is a call for action as the time is running out)
16. 24th Sentence Maker Wall Clock (it is time to dream!)
17. Book Clock (the history and the future all in those books)
18. Mike Mak Clock (the eyes are turning to show you the time)
19. Mhin Clock (the hours are up and the minutes down; make out the time yourself!)
20. Clock Made From A Recycled Magnetic Tape Reel
21. The Clock (Reading clockwise, the time being is visible through a word and readable by the completeness of the word, 12 words from “one” to “twelve”. Good luck telling time!)
22. The Meaning of Time (You can use anything you want to tell the time)
23. Dish Time Clock (the name says it all)
24. Uomino Clocks (Live! Time is passing by)
25. Redundant Clock
26. En Suspend
27. What time is it?
Did you like the gallery of cool clocks? Please share with your friends.
More from The Awesome Daily