Instagram is a home where photos live. There are various “species” of photos in this vibrant photo universe and one of them are food photos. People like to take a pic of a meal before eating it because sometimes it’s a little colorful masterpiece lying there on the plate, and sometimes it’s not, but hey…the beauty is in the eyes of the observer and taste is different from person to person so there is no room to argue about that. In the gallery below check out some cool and weird members of this “species” of photos coming from Germany… or Germen foods that Germans adore so much they’ll put them on the Instagram!
1. Pommes mit Mayo, fries with a mayo are big thing on the German foods scene
2. Eisbein, looks bit weird but it’s just pickled and boiled ham hock
3. Weisswurstfrühstück, white sausage with sweet mustard, beer, and pretzels for breakfast – is a thing in Bavaria.
4. Heringsalat, pickled herring salad. The sauce is usually a mayo.
5. Wurstsalat, cheese, dill pickles and wurst salad.
6. Spargel, white asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, boiled potatoes and some sort of meat or ham.
7. Saft-Bockwurst, hot dogs bathed in salty water, like pickles!
8. Schmalz, just pig fat spread on bread. Take a pickle too.
9. Schweinekrusten, crunchy pork rind. No carbs.
10. Handkäs mit Musik, sour milk cheese marinated with chopped onions and caraway.
11. Arsch mit Ohren, candy called literally – “ass with ears”.
12. Leberwurst, spreadable wurst made out from liver.
13. Mett, a sandwich made with minced raw pork. Germans love these.
14. Mett-Igel, as you can see a hedgehog made out of Met.
Have you ever tried some of these German foods? Please share your experience with us in the comment section!
More from The Awesome Daily