Do you know the meme faces rage comics? They express rage (of course!), but also some other simple emotions like crying, fear, boredom, you know, the whole spectrum. They’re very recognizable because they have the same pattern: a set of pre-made cartoon meme faces that have spread through the meme world and became part of it.
Ars Technica named the rage comics an “accepted and standardized form of online communication”. Actually, they are part of our Internet world and a very useful way to express and transmit emotions through our dear blue screens.
They are also relatable and humorize experiences that almost everybody goes through. They are even used to teach English as a foreign language.
With them all over the internet, it’s hard not to wonder how they came to be. Well, the first rage comic appeared on 4chan in 2008.
It was composed of a 4-panel strip showing somebody’s anger at being splashback on the toilet. It showed a face zoomed-in with what we now know as The Rage Guy screaming “FFFFFUUUUUU”. From here on, it was reposted, modified, adapted and everything is history! Scroll down for a memory refresh!
How can you recognize this rage meme:
- It usually contains the familiar rage face
- It is usually very sarcastic to the point of being insulting
- It is always a very simple, basic and poorly made drawing of the figure
The best Rage Comic Faces we could find online
1. Hello. F*** You! The first on the meme faces and i love it
2. Never really knew if this guy was crying or laughing hard
3. Pure sarcasm meme face
4. Ultra Gay meme
5. Nnnooooo! Whyyyyyyy
6. When things just won’t work, you flip the desk in despair
7. Cereal guy spitting
8. Hah Gay
9. It’s so cute I’m gonna cry! Cuteness overload
10. Really? Look at my face! Really? Are You Fu**ing Kidding me?!
11. Hihihi! The Troll Face meme. One of the most popular meme faces ever
12. YEEES! Epic win face
13. Don’t ask us what he’s doing! It depends on the meme situation. But i’ll go with Jesus!
14. Funny guy Mr Bean. If you know what i mean expression.
15. Not my circus, not my monkeys
16. Want some Kentucky Fried Chicken? Didn’t read lol
17. Last minute essay writing… Waaw, it gets bloody!
18. Ookay guy… *sigh*
19. No. You heard me! No.
20. Wait, whaaat? *Surprised Gasp
21. Hahahaha. I know what you did there
22. That moment when the computer freezes *stay calm*
23. The evil grin… or is it? Me Gusta Creepy
24. So cute, I’m gonna die!
25. International sign for *palm face*
26. Really? Really? Really? You’re so smart!
28. Yeah, I know I’m fabulous! Spiderman
29. Ok. Let’s do this! Challenge Accepted
30. They’re attacking me! (not that I mind too much)
31. Awww! Woow!
32. Wait! Whaaat? Reaction guy
33. Hahahaha ( The gentleman troll )
34. Fap Fap Fap fapfapfapfapfpafpafpafp
35. Me Gusta vs Okay guy
36. So? Is it going to be dangerous? Scared Yao
37. Why? Y U No??!!
38. Troll dad dance
39. I know nothing. No, I’m not Jon Snow!
40. Why is this happening to me? Why? Jackie Chan meme face
41. You’re so funny! The most hardcore of the meme faces?
42. Say what? Seriously?
43. I’m the fabulous one! Haters gonna hate
44. Oh common man, please.
45. It was you Jackie, not me!
46. This feels so good, I am in heaven
47. Success, this should actually replace the success baby meme
48. I am never alone. Never alone! alone!
49. Mother of god face
50. The female version of the rage comic faces
51. Flips desk in anger
52. I can’t belive what I just saw face
Dude, you made it this far down the list of rage comics. you’re seriously not going to share?