Remember the movie Yes man? Well, this post about the yes meme is nothing like that. You see? This was humor, that’s what it’s all about.
Comedic timing and the right response can make a situation funnier than it really is.
For example, you might ask someone a question that requires a long and detailed answer. Some people might answer it with a completely unrelated one-word answer such as “yes.” Hilarity then ensures, making a rather serious moment a funny and lighthearted one.
But what makes the answer “yes” so funny?
The Yes word meme
This type of humor caught on with internet users in recent years, particularly with the yes meme. This meme pertains to the Protegent Antivirus meme that originated from a commercial released by an Indian software company called Unistal in 2016.
The ad shows two characters, a disgruntled computer user and the Unistal mascot, Proto. When the user complains about his computer issues, Proto appears out of nowhere and gives advice, specifically telling the user to buy Unistal’s antivirus software. This tip is so obvious that internet users have started adding the caption “yes” to still images from the commercial.
Origin and Spread of the Yes Meme
While the original Unistal commercial was released on September 9, 2016, it wasn’t until recently that the memes based on this commercial gained traction.
Reddit user Foliblox posted a reaction image on the platform, which gained 88,300 upvotes in just three months!
Without further ado, enjoy some of the best yes memes on the internet!
Hilarious memes saying yes list
1. When you try to think of a unique new player name only to have the system reaffirm that it is, indeed, the name you’ve chosen.
2. You don’t matter, just give up. Yes.
3. To be honest, this is probably what non-binary folks think whenever they are asked whether they are male or female.
4. Nothing more annoying than anti-virus software telling you that you have viruses without revealing how many viruses are present on your computer.
5. There’s so much homework that the only answer that makes sense is “yes.”
6. Actually, this is a real joke — no kidding.
7. Sometimes, we get nervous when the waiter comes around to ask us how the food is.
8. Lying through your teeth, huh? Everybody did this as a kid.
9. Two memes that perfectly encapsulate meme humor!
10. Nothing is more confusing than the legal age of adults in the United States!
11. We don’t think this Twitter user really thought her Tweet through when she typed it out…
12. There’s always that one wheel on the shopping cart that just refuses to cooperate!
13. Not everybody has a great fictional world they’d like to live in.
14. You always win at Minecraft (even if PETA catches you).
15. It could be either one, as far as TV channels know.
16. This perfectly illustrates the difference between quantum computers and regular computers.
17. What mom doesn’t know won’t hurt her.
18. How much alcohol is there in the air? Yes.
19. This Subreddit is full of both animals and pets, so the answer is yes!
20. Governments don’t care how much oil is mined as long as they’re the ones mining it – sad, but true.
21. The left lane must use the left lane. Yes.
22. Sometimes your brain shuts off and you have no choice but to answer with a “yes.”
23. Queen Elizabeth lived so long that this question wasn’t even worth answering properly.
24. Yes, that is the distance from the Earth to the Sun and from the Sun to the Earth.
25. Andy Serkis just said yes to all the movie series, and we’re so thankful that he did!
26. There is no number, only yes.
27. Savage response.
28. Just sitting here, making memes all day, making everybody else laugh. It’s not much, but it’s honest work!
29. Yes, Europe. All of Europe shall be invaded.
30. The magic was in that pizza box’s design!
31. How many memes, you ask? We don’t even know, but the answer is yes.
32. When you listen to so many genres that this question becomes difficult to answer.
33. Yes… no? I don’t know!
34. Putin probably wants to be president as long as Queen Elizabeth was alive.
35. Yes, just buy the PS5.
36. Mayhaps this is the answer.
So remember, when in doubt, yes will almost always be a funny answer to nearly anything. When in doubt (and with a little courage), say yes!