Sometimes memes come from the most unlikely of places. Other times, all it takes is a good pun to escalate content from something funny to full meme status. If you’ve ever heard the phrase “let that sink in,” you probably never thought twice about its literal meaning. However, when taken literally, it can be quite funny.
The humor in this meme goes two ways. The colloquial meaning of this phrase means that one should take a moment to think about something to understand it further — basically, think about it some more. However, it could also mean that you are allowing a sink, such as one used in the kitchen or bathroom, to come inside a place. This meme presents audiences with a hilarious juxtaposition of the two interpretations of the phrase.
The meme is also funny because the quality of the image editing is just so atrocious. Sometimes it is so messy and poorly edited that it becomes horrific and, quite possibly, one of the funniest things ever.
Let That Sink In Memes
1. Let that sink in!
2. Knock knock… do you have a moment to let that sink in?
Source: Lucas M. Land
3. Let the sink in! LET THE SINK IN!!!
4. Whether it’s a real sink or a virtual one, you better let it in.
Source: Know Your Meme
5. Let the fact that you’re older than you’ve ever been and the youngest you’ll ever again sink in…
6. Even for just a moment, you should consider letting it sink in.
7. Even the sloth has let it sink in, albeit very slowly.
Source: Quick Meme
8. Sometimes we can’t help but think of both meanings someone says “let that sink in.”
Source: Ah See It
9. What makes this meme even more sink-in-worthy is that 1990 was 32 years ago!
10. Sir Sink, you may come in now.
11. Two jokes in one! Now let that sink in…
12. Every day we come closer to the world’s end. Now try to let thank sink in for just a second…
13. What’s this sink doing in the doorway again?
14. Cat loading. Must. Let. Sink. In.
Source: Know Your Meme
15. Another version of a classic meme.
Source: Red Bubble
16. Maybe you can let the sink in for some tea?
17. Identical twins basically know what the other looks like naked. Now let that sink in for a bit.
18. So, plastic dinosaurs are real dinosaurs? Let that sink in…
19. How many times before it sinks in?
20. It’s a random fact that you’ve probably never thought about — but you need to let it sink in.
21. Another type of sink that you might want to consider letting in.
Source: Meme Guy
If you liked these Let That Sink In Memes, then check out our other funny lists here!