My dog always cracks me up with his hilarious faces, and if you have a dog too, you will related to these funny dog faces images below, I guess it’s a common trait with dogs do make their family members laugh and generally feel good.
Dogs have long been regarded as among mankind’s best and closest friends. They provide the largest range of functions among domesticated animals, including friend, helper, protector, and lifesaver, making them amazing companions. Long before we could even remember, there has already been a close bond between man and canine.
Dogs and humor
We’ve all come across dogs that we find to be entertaining or outright hilarious. Much of our joy and laughter comes from the antics that our furry companions get up to. This may make you wonder if your dog itself has a sense of humor.
Do they realize that they are making the situation funny the same way we recognize it? Do dogs find humor in things, and do they laugh?
Some thinkers came up with the idea that it is playfulness that indicates a dog’s sense of humor. If we think of playfulness as something that constitutes a sense of humor, then dogs most certainly have it!
Evolutionary scientist Charles Darwin even looked for emotional parallels between animal and people, and he thought dogs had a sense of humor that went beyond simple play.
Other evolutionary biologists take the stance that many animals are capable of understanding humor. And dogs, clearly, are included in this group of animals, as you can see in these 52 funny dog faces below!
Funny pictures of dog faces list
1. This chihuahua looks like he’s just woken up from the world’s longest nap.
2. Is it just us, or does this dog look like a certain movie star?
3. Imagine waking up every morning to see this!
via Great Pet Care
4. Dogs sometimes pull the silliest faces for no apparent reason!
5. This dog looks like he’s about to take off for a flight.
6. If looks could kill, this dog’s face would have already caused several deaths in the vicinity.
7. We don’t know whose face is funnier: the white dog’s cheesy smile or the grey dog’s look of utter disgust!
8. This dog is ready for the camera even while he’s asleep!
9. Nothing is funnier than throwing a treat or toy into water and taking photos of dogs’ eager faces jumping in to chase after it!
10. If disappointment had a face, this would be it.
11. “Good morning, sunshine.”
12. This little dog looks like he’s afraid of thunder, but his overbite just makes the picture so much funnier!
13. Dogs are undoubtedly weird, but this pup pressing his nose upon the wall gets extra weirdo points from us.
14. It seems like whatever is on the other side of that glass is as shocking as what’s inside a horror house, at least for this dog!
15. When you realize that the end of the world could’ve happened and we just got lucky.
16. “Hello. I am happy to see you.”
17. Whoever said chihuahuas are rabid little dogs just hasn’t seen one smile. Aww!
18. Er… yes, you have a very beautiful smile, Rocco!
19. Another funny thing to do to capture funny dog faces is to throw treats in the air – voila!
20. This hound obviously has his own hunting style going on, and with a matching face too.
21. This husky has seen things, and we’re not sure we want to see them too.
22. What do you call a tongue-out like this? A blep!
23. This little dog looks a lot like Snoop Dogg, don’t you think?
24. The face you make when you’re tired of running a race and are just happy that you’re finally done.
25. “I saved a spot for you.”
26. This dog looks like he’s in a panic over something like the cat using his bed.
27. “Oh… oh no. That’s not good.”
28. *Visible confusion*
29. If dogs could tell jokes, then this is probably what they would look like doing it.
30. “Are you sure there’s hidden treasure down here?”
31. No other dog looks as perplexed as this one does!
32. Sometimes the funniest dogs don’t even know they’re being funny.
33. We’re not sure how this dog achieved this position, but it must not be very comfortable!
34. This husky is 100% judging you right now.
35. “Say cheese!”
36. “Yes, it was I who did it! I shared all your secrets!”
37. “THIS IS THE BEST CAR RIDE EVER!”
38. “Can someone turn off that light? I just woke up.”
39. This dog looks like he just discovered what the TV is.
40. Who knows what this dog is thinking? Or is it even thinking at all?
41. Ah yes, only dogs would find joy in swallowing the air that comes out of a leaf blower.
42. “He said what?!”
43. This dog is all smiles, even as he dreams.
44. It looks like this dog wants nothing more than a cheeseburger based on the face that he’s making!
45. “I feel the wonderful breeze in my face.”
46. The poor thing got stung by a bee, but we can’t help but laugh at his huge snout!
47. “Treat! Where?”
48. *Suspicion intensifies*
49. “Cliiiiimb every mountaaaaain!”
50. Sun’s out, tongue’s out!
51. “Hello, my name is Doug, and I am here between your car seats.”
52. This chihuahua looks like he’s on the verge of a nervous breakdown!
Our relationship with dogs
Dogs and humans have coexisted ever since canines accompanied people as they migrated across East Asia 15,000 years ago. Given the friendly nature of both humans and dogs, the connection seemed natural. Neither can live in isolation for very long, and both gain something positive from strong social connections.
Although domestic dogs and wolves share 99 percent of their genetic makeup, dogs exhibit a level of affection toward other canines and people that is very different from a wolf’s guarded and defensive demeanor.
Dogs make excellent candidates for the position of “man’s best friend” since they are friendly and social pack animals that enjoy praise and affection.
Dogs and humans have a mutually beneficial relationship. While dogs have been tamed enough so that they depend on us for survival, people have also learned to rely on the companionship of dogs.
Many pet owners will stand by the claim that their dog is just another member of the family; that’s how much dogs mean to us!
Dogs will always be man’s best friend, no matter what funny faces they make. Heck, it’s a huge part of the reason we love them! The next time your pet dog pulls a funny face at you, give them some playtime and reward them with a treat; they deserve it from bringing so much joy into our lives.