Real-Life “Fairy Forests” do exist and 21-year-old wildlife photographer Ossi Saarinen makes sure we get to experience their intrinsic beauty. Ossi is Finnish and all the wildlife photography you’re going to see below is from Finland and we warn you, it’s going to make you visit Finland soon! The Finnish forests do really have all the makings of the “fairy forests” we get to see in movies or read about in fables and Ossi makes sure the whole world discovers these beautiful locations and their wildlife.
Ossi Saarinen has more than 181,000 followers on Instagram as we speak and his art really does speak for itself. You might not know much about Finland, apart from the cold and the forests. Well, Ossi depicts it for you and you’re going to love it. It’s no easy work to wait on foxes, otters or bears to appear and stand still, in the same place for hours, regardless of rain, cold, mosquitos and the list can go on. Choosing the right spot to wait and understanding the animals’ behaviour and cute side is also an art in itself and this really young 21-year-old wildlife photographer from Finland seems to be pretty good at it. The results are stunning and he’s making quite a portfolio. Moreover, he promotes his country as being home to some of the most intense, wonderful, glorious fairy forests in the world. Yes, fairy forests do exist!
1. Real-Life Fairy Forests do exist! Just look at this guy!
2. Sleeping beauty!
3. “Close those eyes and just dream on”
4. Play mode on!
5. This cute look!
6. Relax mode on
7. “No, I’m not stealing!”
8. In between the focus
9. “That man is just staring at us” / “Just ignore him! Let’s make love”
10. Hello, beauty!
11. Patience and focus
12. “We love the cold. Yeah, we’re cool like that!”
13. “I’m just here for the fun of it”
14. Slender beauty in the Fairy Forests
15. “Thank you!”
16. “Just managing my food supply, human! Leave me alone!”
18. “Are you going to keep pointing that at me?”
19. Just had a bath. He doesn’t seem to mind the cold
20. “Hello, friend! Welcome to the Fairy Forests! “
21. “What are you looking at, human?”
22. Caught in the act!
24. Love in the fairy forests
25. Wildlife cuteness overload
27. Look into these eyes, I dare you!
28. Real-life fairy forests really do exist!