How do you describe the difference in size between the Earth and the sun? How do you explain the difference between the moon and Saturn to a kid? These pictures will do just that for you. There are some things in our lives that we have no idea of. We know there is a sun, we know there are gorillas in the world, we know there are big bears, but do you have a mental image of how big are they exactly compared to you? What do you think a human shaking hands with a big blue whale would look like? Let’s see just that! 29 pictures of things that are bigger than you expected. If you love seeing things that are bigger than you expect, check out these 16 things that sound similar but are actually different
1. A “little” cute wombat. Not so little anymore.
2. Leatherback sea turtle meeting a human. Aren’t they cute?
3. African land snail
4. Ever thought about the difference between a million and a billion?
5. If you were to fit the Earth inside the sun
Yes, those are little blue balls just like our blue planet compared to the sun
6. The heart of a blue whale and a human for comparison
7. The Titanic and a modern cruise ship one in front of the other
8. Human hand meets eagle
9. This is the biggest flying bird that ever walked the Earth
This is a Quetzalcoatlus Northropi Model and a 1.8m man standing right next to him.
10. Horse lungs that are fully inflated
Probably this is why they can run that fast and long!
11. The Great Pyramid of Giza and a woman sitting near it. Can you spot her?
12. If a Moose would run around the city
13. Shaking hands with the tiny human
14. A wolf and 2 coyotes
15. Some really big road signs!
16. Just look behind, there’s a bus.
17. If Saturn was our moon
18. Ever asked yourselves how big the traffic lights actually are?
19. Salt Water Crocodile vs human
20. Dusting off Michelangelo’s David
21. The “one ring” from the Lord of the Rings trilogy
This was used exclusively for close-ups. That’s why that ring looked so mesmerizing in some scenes
22. A Gorilla and a human trying to shake hands?!
23. Just the largest tree in the world. Can you spot the humans?
24. A single blade from a wind turbine
25. Wild Boar and adult wolf . You make the calculations!
26. If a comet were to “land” on the city of Los Angeles
27. Giant Oceanic Manta Ray
28. A bear claw next to a human hand
29. $10,000 in 1’s vs $10,000 in 100’s