What’s the difference between a rat and a mouse or between a rabbit and a hare? You’d say they’re the same? Well, think again! Do you think turtles and tortoises are twins? Well, apparently, there’s a difference: turtles live most of their lives in water, while tortoises dwell on land. And we’ve got some more of that.
Some of them you learned in school, some you should know from your daily life and some…well, there’s no way you could know some of them. Have fun reading and learning through this list! Here are 16 pairs of words that you probably thought described the same thing, but they actually don’t. How many did you know?
1. Well, you learn this in school, but who cares to remember that?
2. I bet you didn’t know that.
3. It seems “united” is bigger than “Great”
4. Take a pill or a tablet, does it make any difference?
5. I’m sure I could live well without knowing this
6. They look the same and have similar tastes, but are not made of the same ingredients at all
7. Did you know this? I bet you ate in a lie your whole life!
8. Basically, it’s still fruit
9. Who made that mistake thing an eraser is a condom?!
10. The difference? You can taste it and see for yourself
11. Are you a sweets lover? Then you need to know this.
12. It’s important you can make the difference
13. Well, this is for the food enthusiasts. I leave you this.
14. Rabbits are those cute beings you could have as pets. Hares are wild.
15. Well, not too much of a difference
16. It’s a matter of size here.
Same same but very different right? I didn’t know many of these examples. And if you’re glad you made it this far.
Images by: scoopwhoop