Answering the phone no longer has to be a boring “hello”. Funny greetings may be just what the doctor should recommend to brighten someone’s day. These funny ways to answer the phone pranks will not only make you laugh, but will also likely give the caller a laugh.
Some Funny Ways To Answer The Phone
Download a Soundboard
It is simple to download a free application to your cell phone or computer. You can search the Internet by typing “soundboards” or download a free app on your phone by searching the app store. Soundboards are usually found under the entertainment category.
Answering the phone with pre-recorded sound bites from famous people or characters, like Homer Simpson or Family Guy.
You can also use words like “Guess who?” In a funny old cracked voice or “Hey, where did you park the ice cream truck?” Callers are sure to be confused, but will quickly have fun with you.
Disguise your voice
Disguising your voice may be an old trick, but it’s certainly still a good one. Use a British accent or deepen your voice to see what kind of reaction you are going to receive.
If you want to get serious about being funny when you answer the phone, buy a Voice Disguiser. Voice disguisers are devices that modify your voice to make you unrecognizable, according to personal alarms.
Prices for high-quality voice disguisers range from $30 to $80 and can be purchased online. According to personal settings, voice disguisers can change a man’s voice to sound like a stranger, a woman’s voice to sound like a man, or a grandparent’s voice to sound like a child.
Funny phrases when answering the phone
Answering the phone with funny phrases, like “talk to me” or “Yello”, is a classic. However, the more creative you are, the funnier you will be. For example, according to List Keepers, the No. 1 funny way to answer the phone is: “City Morgue, you kill them, we relax ’em.”
Other top forms include: “Hello, please enter your name, address and credit card number”, “The number you dialed has been disconnected” and “Can I have your order?”
Additional funny phrases:
- “Hello. This is the suicide hotline, can you please hold?”
- Beeps, as a busy signal
- “Roadkill Cafe, you kill it, we grill it, how can I help you?”
- “I have the money, just let him go…”
- “Hello, Johnny? I hope you threw the body! Hurry up before we get caught!”
- “Send someone with the money and no one gets hurt!”
- “Ah, no, the voices are back!”
- yell, “Who sent you? Who do you work for?”
Use Music Clips
This particular scenario requires more time, preparation and patience. However, if you are technically inclined, you can have a series of music clips ready to play as responses to everything the caller says. Comcast used a similar tactic in one of its 2008 commercials, and it is hilarious!
Here are a few more ideas:
1. Proper ways to answer the phone:
2. Here are some more awesome hilarious ways to answer the phone:
3. Here’s ten more, just for you to LOL together with the caller!
4. What about Telemarketers? How can we answer to them?
5. These are a little harsh:
6. Here’s the last funny ways to answer the phone of our collection:
Let us know which ones are your favorite ways to answer the phone, and which have proved not to be so funny!