Line Severinsen, an illustrator animator and mother of two in Bergen, has created a series of webcomics every woman can relate easily with if she was ever expecting a baby, or can easily imagine how a common day looks like when a woman hits a third trimester of pregnancy and things become, well…huge. Pregnancy brings with it many problems in an everyday life of a woman, for sure, but these comics present them in a fun way, which is definitely a healthy approach to this topic.
Kos og Kaos, or “Cuddles and Chaos” in English, is the name of the webcomics that Severinsen started in 2012, when she was first pregnant, and continued with it after a short pause when she was expecting a second baby.
1. Maybe you’ll start using the F word a little bit more often.
2. Be more careful with a razor, there are hidden places now.
3. Sometimes you just not feeling as yourself.
4. Everybody is crossing the line.
5. A new man’s phobia.
6. Who needs tattoos…
7. OK. It’s time for slip-ons.
8. What are you doing in there?!
9. Becoming a sprint pro.
10. Realizing how many people you don’t like and don’t want to name your baby as their name.
11. You always loved chocolate… but this!
12. Yours is bigger, ha-ha!
13. More new phobias.
14. Everybody is so funny suddenly.
15. Well, there’re two of us now.
16. Realizing there aren’t enough pillows in the house.
17. This becoming surrealistic. You can’t believe the size of your hands and feet.
18. Patience, patience…
19. Maybe it’s better to skip these programs.
20. Nurses have a strange sense for cuteness. Dads don’t find placenta in that category.