1. The first in our list of classic novels in 140 characters or less is the famous 1984 book
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. LOL, i like this one, The Russian Revolution, but with animals
4. Atonement. Lives are ruined forever
5. Beloved, a classic novel indeed
6. Catch 22 – try not to die in WW2
7. The Catcher in the Rye – basically everyone’s a big phony
8. A Clockwork Orange – Drugs, music, violence
9. Fifty Shades of Grey – Have sex while arguing all the time
10. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Trying to solve a mystery while falling in love
11. Gone With The Wind – First time in love, then husband dies
12. The Grapes of Wrath – Just depressing
13. Great Expectations – Money from crimes, WIN
14. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – You’re a wizard Harry, save the world.
15. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Child and slave runaway to find freedom
16. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – Kids walk in to a Christian allegory
17. Lolita – Not cool to lust over a 12 year old
18. Lord of the Flies – Boys get stranded on island and try to kill each other
19. The Lord of the Rings – Small people try to destroy a ring, lots of people die, the end.
20. Moby Dick – Guy obsessively tries to kill a whale, he dies.
21. On the Road – Self destruction across the USA – now that’s a novel in under 140 characters i can get behind LOL
22. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – Trying to avoid prison
23. Pride and Prejudice – Couple say they will never end up together, falls in love
24. The Scarlet Letter – Wear her sign with pride.
25. A Tale of Two Cities – The wrong man killed
26. The Big Sleep – Woman does porn, then regrets it.
27. The Da Vinci Code – Man invents his job to do stuff.
28. The French Lieutenant’s Woman – Man fathers a child out of marriage.
29. The Hound of the Baskervilles – Family thinks a mad dog is terrorising them.
30. The Sun Also Rises – Everyone want Brett, no one wins
31. Their Eyes Were Watching God – Woman finally meets the one, he dies
32. To Kill a Mockingbird – Daughter learns how cruel life can be
33. Twilight – Girl dates 100 year old vampire
Did you find these novels in 140 characters or less funny? We sure did, please share with your friends.