It must be hard being a hairstylist and having to put up with everyone’s opinion of what they want to look like. Hairstylists must be good listeners, too. They must have empathy and understanding and somehow, read their clients’ mind in order to give them what they want. It sounds like a tough job, don’t you think? When a client comes to you with a magazine picture and asks you to give him a haircut just like that; and you have to explain to him that people are different, people have different face shapes and kinds of hair and what suits one person won’t look good on another…how do you explain that to a 50-year-old mother who has seen her neighbour on Facebook looking a certain type of glamorous and wants just that?
Imagine you are a hairstylist and your client comes to you with their bangs “trimmed”, sort of…Well, well, we often think of our hairstylists as people who just cut hair and do some magic here and there, but do we really know their struggle? I think we should know it from now on. Let’s see!
1. Sir, please!
2. There are certain things on this planet that mothers cannot do
3. The struggle is real
4. Giving kids a haircut is always a test in patience and endurance
5. Why does it always look better in the picture?
6. That client…only hairstylists will understand
7. Dry shampoo seems to be good enough for…a while
8. Clients know better…
9. Hairstylists be like: “this is what it looks like now, this is what it will look like tomorrow because you have no skill or talent to do it like me!”
10. Only hairstylists will understand
11. “My hair have seen it all” series
12. Every hairstylist’s daily nightmare
13. When New Year’s is close and everybody needs to look good
14. That moment of inner meditation and deep self-inquiries while the hairstylist is making you look rad
15. For those who say going to the hairstylist is expensive…
16. When a client says: “yeah, i tried to trim it a little”
17. Hairstylists will relate
18. Go get a haircut, honey!
19. That face of despair
20. When you are a hairstylist and contemplating what the world has become
21. “I’m watching you!”
22. Do you like this?
23. Wet is a nice colour
24. Every hairstylist goes by this creed
25. *Inner pride*
26. The client is guilty, but he’s still the client
27. The 4 stages of hairdo
28. First of all, a wig is a wig
Via Real Penguin
More from The Awesome Daily