The fact is we are living in hard times and what the world needs the most in such times is empathy and forgiveness. When we forgive we are not doing it only for other’s sake but before all for our own. That’s sublimes act that frees our spirit from the burden of anger, but it doesn’t mean we should forget what happened between us and the other side.
Forgiveness doesn’t mean it’s ok what the other side did to us but means we are letting them go from the feeling of guilt and our self from the feeling of anger. All of that sounds fair and right, but the truth is it’s hard sometimes to find strength in real life to really do so. It’s an act that requires spiritual strength and courage.
Here is a huge collection of quotes that are about forgiveness. Remember it and look up for some of these wise words if you find yourself in a situation that someone is hard to forgive for their actions. Maybe the right thing to do is to forgive and these forgiveness quotes will surely inspire you to act that way. Take your time to scroll down the gallery of more than seventy forgiveness pics.
1. Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong – the first of the forgiveness quotes
2. Today i decided to forgive you
3. Don’t hold someone down when they try to change
4. Forgiveness is not letting someone off the hook
5. Forgiveness is a process
6. When someone does something wrong, don’t forget all the things they did right
7. We shouldn’t be defined by the worst things we’ve done
8. Great quote
9. God, i don’t feel like i can forgive
10. I never knew how strong i was until i learned to forgive
11. They caused the first wound, but you are causing the rest
12. Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something that’s broken
13. There’s nothing more classy and beautiful than showing forgiveness and grace
14. Forgiveness is the best form of love
15. Forgiving people doesn’t mean accepting their bad behaviour
16. When another person makes you suffer, it’s because he suffers himself
17. When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive
18. Forgiveness liberates the soul
19. Everyone make mistakes in life, don’t make them pay for it their entire lives
20. To be a christian means to forgive
21. There are no regrets in life, only lessons
22. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regret
23. Forgiving someone who wasn’t sorry is hard
24. Forgiveness is a choice you make
25. Here’s what a real apology requires you to do:
26. Being mature is trying to understand the situation of the person who tried to hurt you
27. You know you really love someone when you can’t hate them for breaking your heart
28. The weak can never forgive
29. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars
30. To forgive is to set a prisoner free…
31. In the shadow of my heart, forgiveness feels like a decision to reward my enemy
32. Every son of Adam is a sinner…
33. God, i don’t get this…
34. You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them, but still move on without them…
35. Until we have seen someone’s darkness, we don’t really know who they are
36. It took me a long time to understand what it means to forgive someone.
37. Sometime you forgive people simply because you still want them in your life
38. Be soft, do not let the world make you hard.
39. Love keeps no records of wrongs
40. Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does change the future
41. Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons
42. Mondays are for…
43. don’t let one mistake ruin a beautiful thing
44. It’s ok, you just forgot who you are.
45. Here are the rules for living:
46. The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg
47. Forgiveness is not a feeling, it’s a commitment. Love this forgiveness quote
48. No matter how long you look at the past, there’s nothing new to see
49. Sorry is nothing.
50. There is no love without forgiveness
51. I forgive people, that doesn’t mean i trust them
52. A perfect relationship isn’t perfect at all
53. Christianity was based on love and tolerance
54. We all make mistakes
55. Years of love can be forgotten in a minute of hate
56. Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die
57. You either get bitter or get better!
58. He who cannot forgive, breaks the bridge over which he himself cannot pass
59. Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it
60. Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people
61. Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me
62. Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by someone you love
63. The best thing to hold on to is each other in life.
64. When one forgives, two souls are set free
65. When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power
66. You’ll never know how strong your heart is until you know how to forgive who broke it
67. The best on the list of forgiveness quotes
68. These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb
69. Hating someone makes them important
70. How people treat you is their karma, How you react is yours
All these forgiveness quotes were found on Pinterest and we don’t really know the owner of each image. Please share.