Life is full of surprises, we all know that. Just when you think your story is over and done for, something unexpected happens that totally turns you around and brings new life right?
This time we’ve got some funny short stories with a twist for you, so you could experience life in short, sweet moments like these. Granted some of these are heartfelt and some are just plain hilarious, but one thing they all have in common is the fact they will surprise you.
While you browse through these short stories with unexpected endings, just remember that like life, you should never expect things to end without a mind blown or WTF moment.
What is a story with a twist?
For those out of the loop on what a twist is, a twist in stories is when you read something that you’re positive will go in one direction, and at the end it totally catches you off guard and surprises you. Some obvious examples are:
- A man hides his phone from his wife, gets home late, and acts weird. The readers will automatically think he’s cheating right? The twist might be that he’s actually just planning her a surprise birthday party.
- A woman walks in the street at night, she noticed someone following her and getting close by the second. Just when she turns around to confront her attacker ( because that’s the obvious conclusion right? ) the man stops her and says, lady, you dropped your keys 2 blocks ago, I am trying to help you.
We can go on and on, but you get the idea we hope.
The best short stories with a twist we found online
1. Is this story has a plot twist at the end or what
Ouch, this one has got to hurt, the twist here was not expected, at least not by me.
2. Oh man, don’t do this to me
Neither did we friends, just go with it.
3. I never saw this coming.
That’s funny, because this story will not be so surprising these days right?
4. Ah the love for food, no one can beat that, not even a love between a man and a woman.
I can relate to this one, as I love eating cake, and eating in general.
5. She just wanted the seat, not you!
This happens often, a lady walks to you, you get excited, only to find out she was eyeing your seat or something else close to you.
6. Riding the subway can be emotional
When you stand in a metro, you can feel like very intimate with other passengers if the train is packed.
7. LOL. That’s a plot twist
This is hands down me! I never share food, sorry, it’s just how I roll.
8. Broken phone syndrome
Broken phone always catches you off guard. Better listen carefully if you want to get what the other side is saying. Twist or no twist.
9. Because ordering food in a foreign langue is hard
Because he tried for so long to order his meal, without knowing the language, that’s the twist here. The story flips
10. I can related to this one. Surprising ending though
Everyone who likes working understands this, you never want your work day to end, you just want to keep going.
11. ” Now get to work son, you’ve seen the world “
LoL, you thought they were going to fly to the sunset right? Well, you gotta work and do it yourself son.
12. YES! Mom turned this short story into an EPIC end
Yeah, drinking will get you warm, thanks mom. We will never forget you our love. You thought mom is going to be there, the twist was what got them warm is the drink, not mom, not even the scarf.
13. Not sure about this one sorry
Sometimes failing is a good thing, that’s what makes this short story so powerful, love the twist and new spin on this story.
14. Best plot twist short story on this list hands down
Love this. You all thought it’s two lovers, and it’s going to end with a hot kiss right? Instead it’s her doctor, and she had an eye infection.
15. She wishes she has someone to walk with through life
A lost love is nothing you want to experience, I wish everyone could find love and keep it forever
16. Poor little dog, I feel for you buddy
17. I love this ending for some reason.
Finding good friends is always a good ending, it doesn’t matter if it’s humans, or pets
18. Are you kidding me right now?
Trying to break it to her easy, but she didn’t get it, so he had to cut deep at the end with a surprise sentence.
19. The not so happy broke to riches story you would expect.
Not that spending time with your mom is bad, but put it in this context, and the son lost big time.
20. LOL, I laughed too much from this short story
I love it when people share their stories and provide an unexpected ending. You think it’s going in one direction, but then it’s Nsync ( Get it? )
21. You think this post will go on forever, you read it with such delight.
Sorry but we don’t have any more for you. Plot twist!