There was once a passionate Swedish photographer named Lennart Nilsson (1922-2017) who used a cystoscope to record the beauty of life being created. A cystoscope is a device used by doctors to visualize the insides of your bladder. It is made of a thin tube with a camera and light on it.
Lennart managed to photograph the entire circle of life creation and LIFE magazine published his work in 1965. What you should know is that he first attempted to take photos of the very birth of human life in 1957 and he succeeded, but the pictures were in black and white and not really clear. He didn’t give up and managed to beautifully document life being created in 1965. So, scroll down below and be witness to the beauty of our lives!
1. The initial stage of life being created
The sperm is in the fallopian tube, moving towards the egg
2. The egg with which the sperm will merge
3. The moment of attraction, when the sperm meets the egg
4. The fusion
5. A close-up of the spermatozoon
6. The now-formed embryo begins its journey to the womb
7. The embryo nestles on the womb’s wall
8. In day 22 you can see a gray area which will later develop into a brain
9. Beating heart!
10. A 28-day-old fetus
11. After 5 weeks, the fetus starts developing his face
12. It’s day 40 and here’s the placenta!
13. The initial 8 weeks stage have passed and this is a soon to be cute baby
14. The eyelids open and eyes begin forming
15. He can use his hands and get a feeling of the womb
16. In week 16 the baby begins to take a palpable form
17. Now he develops the nerves and blood vessels which you can see through the translucent skin
18. It’s week 18 and the fetus can hear noises coming from the outside world
19. Nails, eyebrows and hair is forming
20. A sort of woolly hair covers the baby’s entire head
21. After 24 weeks, the brain begins to develop
22. 26 weeks